This summer I have been able to try many new recipes, which has been fun and the majority of them have been delicious. I even have used my fun apron that I received as a gift for a wedding shower. There is a big road race (Bix7) in Davenport this weekend and Bob and I have some friends coming into town. I am really looking forward to this. Since Bob and I have bought our house I have enjoy hosting things and having friends and family over to our house. I thought since we are having guests I would try a new recipes.
One thing I am going to try is a dip that was a hit at book club. It was chocolate chip dip with animal cookies. I think it will be a perfect snack after the race. Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8oz.) package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 In a small saucepan, melt the
butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown
sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely.
The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or
- 2 Remove from heat, whisk in the
vanilla and set aside to cool.
- 3 Beat the cream cheese and
confectioner’s sugar for 1 minute.
- 4 Slowly beat in the cooled butter
mixture and beat again for another minute.
- 5 Stir in the chocolate chips and
nuts, if using.
- 6 Pour into a serving bowl and
- 7 Enjoy with animal crackers or teddy grahams
I hope the guests enjoy the snack!
Question: What are your favorite snacks to make for guests?